Monday, February 21, 2005

DC cabs suck

I got reprimanded by the cab driver for rolling down my window and shouting, "Im Rick James, bitch!!" at my friends who were also looking for their own cab. It was 5:30 in the morning and I was taking the cab from the bar we were at to where I had parked my car many hours earlier. I really didnt feel like walking the 15+ blocks to get there.

Even before I could get to the "tch" part of bitch, he scolded me. "Don't be doing that!!"

In possibly one of the dumbest comebacks ever, I replied, "What, so Im not allowed to talk?"

"You can talk, but dont be hollering profanities out of the window!".

That pretty much shut me up for the rest of the cab ride. I sat there in silent protest, depriving him of my usual 5-in-the-morning cabbie banter that has brightened the lives of so many other cabbies before him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home