Monday, March 07, 2005

I was sitting at the bar at Topaz waiting for my friends to show up. They were late and I was passing the time with a delicious glass of Tiger beer. There was a couple sitting next to me talking to the bartender. I later found out that the girl and the bartender have been friends for a while. I overheard two lines from the coversation:

"The one that was on at 9, it was a re-run?"
"Yeah it was the same as last week. Y'know, the whole spiderman thing."

I couldnt stop myself from smiling, embarrassed that I immediately knew what they were talking about. The bartender caught me smiling and when I explained the grin on my face, she immediately went into the defensive saying things like "Oh, I dont really watch the show". I joked and said "Oh yeah me neither, I tune in purely for the spotlight on the latest hip indie bands". So we started talking about TV shows, I admitted that I've never seen an episode of Melrose Place, almost proudly.

My friends eventually showed up and after a few more Tigers we headed over to the Black Cat. We only caught a couple of songs before VHS or Beta went off stage, which I was slightly bummed about. I did manage to catch up with neverecho (in the same city) which was fun.

The last few weekends have been a lot of fun in DC. It's a bit of a shame that it took so long to happen, but im really glad. But im sad that mRage is leaving DC and heading back to chicago. It's been so rockin having her in the same city again. Send out your good vibes and let's hope she gets that residency in NY.

2 Comments:

Blogger neverecho said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I think you said it was today. It was fun to catch up with you the other night, too (and in DC for once). We're on for that drink after i get back from vegas, okay?

7/3/05 4:40 PM

 
Blogger gulshan said...

thanks and hell yeah!

10/3/05 7:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home