Tuesday, November 09, 2004

i took a couple of hours off work this morning to go to the Argentine consulate in DC to drop off my application for a tourist visa. i dont know if you need a visa if you have an american passport, but you do if you have an indian one.

i parked at the vienna metro and took the train in to the city. i didnt realize how much i miss riding the train in the morning (or even in general). ive gotten so used to the humdrum routine of getting in my car and driving to work and everywhere else. so it was such a refreshing change to sit back and look out of the window and at the people getting on and off the train and leave the driving to someone else.

i just wish the metro stayed open later. i know i would ride it a whole lot more if it did.

1 Comments:

Blogger neverecho said...

I miss that about chicago - i lived on the blue line, which runs all night long and is the official line for all things hipster on the CTA. I actually dislike the metro, but I think it's because i associate it with my previous job, which made me want to kill myself. Maybe I'll like it more when I move into the district in a few months?

9/11/04 2:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home